Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Wrens Birth Story!



 March 1st at 9pm we sat down to watch Walking dead and around 9:15pm I felt a weird push/pop. I told Weston it felt really weird but thought it was just a hard kick or something. I stood up to stretch out and felt a big gush of water down there. I looked at Weston and told him I thought my water broke! I walked around and, yes, my water definitely broke!!! I never had my water break before I arrived at the hospital, so that was a new experience, and not one that I loved. I usually stay home and work through some of the contractions before I go to the hospital but I felt a ton of pressure and told Weston I thought we should go quick. So we grabbed some stuff, I tried to eat a bowl of cereal, we made plans for the girls and then we took off. I think we left around 10pm. The contractions came really fast and strong. When we got to the hospital they put me in a wheelchair and wheeled me to my room while Weston parked. It really hurt to walk around or sit. I had SO much pressure in my pelvic region. They checked me and I was a 6/7. The doctor arrived at around 11pm because he new it was my 3rd and assumed it would go quick. The anesthesiologist came and he gave me a spinal block and not an epidural because I was so close. The contractions were dulled almost instantly but I could still move my legs around. I started pushing at around 12 on March 2nd and at 12:27...WREN DARLA DUNN was born!!!



 I've never yelled before during labor but she was big and I definitely felt it WAY more then I ever have in my previous labors! She came out crying  and pooped on the doctor(: They placed her on my chest. She looked so sweet, chunky and had a full head of dark hair!!! I started bawling from joy and relief! You really can't describe the feeling you get the first time you hold your baby after delivery...one of the best feeling ever! I loved her instantly. They took her from me and weighed her and wrapped her. When they told me she weighed 8.4 lbs I was really surprised! I never thought she'd be that big. My other two have been right around 7 lbs. She was a chubster and had a ton of dark hair!!! Who's baby is this? (: She's definitely her own little person. Weston was awesome during the whole labor, even though he ate fish right before we left and had fish breath! :/ Seriously though I couldn't ask for a better partner! He's the best! He got me flowers because they had my favorite flower and because I like mason jars(:
      Wren is the sweetest and we lover her SO much!!!      




























First family photo!!!

We have 3 girls!!! What.....














Ready to go home and start "normal" life!!




No comments: