Thursday, August 21, 2014

Christmas in August.

 I never wrote a blog about our Christmas last year & that makes me sad because it was so fun! So I decided to do it now so I can have it here in my blog. We went to Texas for Christmas last year with my family. We drove from Rexburg and that part was not so fun. It took us two days. Two really long days. We tried to just drive straight through and just sleep in the car and that was a big mistake because the girls did not sleep so we did not sleep. It was bad. We stayed with my sister Morgan. The rest of the family stayed at a hotel and that part kind of stunk because during naps and bed time we couldn't hang out with the adults because they were at the hotel putting there kids to bed. Next time I think we'll all rent a house together! I LOVE Christmas in Texas because it reminds me of my childhood. We got to go to the Christmas light trail ...which was fun/stressful/ cold. It started off rocky. We were all waiting in a parking lot waiting for everyone to get there and take family pics, etc.... Well I was by Blaykes stroller and Arielle asked me to take a picture of their family. I thought my stroller was locked but as I was taking the pic my stroller started going down a steep little hill leading to the road. I saw it from the corner of my eye, screamed and ran after it. It zoomed down the hill and landed at the bottom on it's side. Poor Blayke was screaming. I felt like the worst mom EVER. She bumped her head and got a scrape on the side of her face. Luckily she was wearing a snow hat and that helped cushion the blow. I was shaking and seriously felt horrible. She was very out of it the rest of the night which freaked me out but Dave checked her and said she'd be fine! So not a great start. The line to get it was really long and we waited in it forever. I saw Paisley playing with her cousin Hudson by her aunt and Weston so I was talking with some of my other family for awhile. I got this feeling I should check on her and when I did she wasn't there and no one knew where she was! So I started internally panicking! Me and my mom started looking everywhere, It was getting pretty dark and I was getting super freaked out. Finally someone noticed that I had on the panicked mom face on and asked me if I was looking for a little girl. I said "Yes!" and they told me they took her up to the front of the line at the table. So I ran up there and a nice lady was standing with her. I told them thank you and hugged paisley very tightly!!! As soon as we walked away I started bawling....I didn't realize how stressed I really was! So not a great night for me! The rest of the night was uneventful- Thankfully! 
 The rest of the trip was so fun. We went to the mall for santa pics, ate at Saltlick, had Christmas Eve at Morgans and did the nativity (P was an angel and Blayke was a lamb), we had Christmas day/night at my grandmas, we had a girls night at a mexican restaurant, we did a bonfire in Morgans backyard and just hung out and got to enjoy family! I miss all my nephews and nieces a bunch and of course everyone else too! I hope we can all get together very soon!








































3 comments:

Ryan and Diane Egan said...

Looks like a blast! I'm glad you guys had such a fun time together! Tristan ran away from us at Walmart and was lost for at least 10 min, an employee found him in the toy section at the other end of the store but I can relate, it is one of the worst feelings! I also forgot to put the brake on the stroller once while i was checking the mail with Ivory in it and it ran off the curb, she luckily wasn't hurt at all, so I think stuff like that just happens to all moms at some point. That would be bad to have it happen all in one night tho, sorry:(

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Awwwww!!!! I just saw this blog post!! It made me miss everyone like Crazy!! What a great trip;0 love you Kins!!

Hillary said...

Does Shanna live in Texas? Also, I LOVE Paisley's face in front of the fire. You are so gorgeous and your girls are so adorable.